The NFL Draft is an annual event where the 32 National Football League (NFL) teams select new players from the college football ranks. The draft is one of the most anticipated and watched events in the sports world, as it can shape the future of franchises and players’ careers. This article will explore some facts and figures about the NFL Draft 2023, including its wiki, net worth, age, height, and more.
- The NFL Draft 2023 will be the 88th edition of the draft, which started in 1936.
- The draft will be held from April 27 to April 29, 2023, in Kansas City, Missouri, for the first time in its history.
- The draft will occur outside Union Station and the National WWI Museum and Memorial.
- The draft order is determined by the reverse order of the previous season’s standings, with some exceptions for playoff teams and trades.
- The draft consists of seven rounds, with each team having one pick per round unless they traded or forfeited their picks.
- The draft will feature 259 total selections, including 32 compensatory picks awarded to teams that lost more or better free agents than they signed in the previous year.
- The draft will also include three supplemental compensatory picks awarded to teams that hired minority head coaches or general managers in 2022.
- The draft will also include one unique selection awarded to the Los Angeles Rams to resolve a dispute over their relocation from St. Louis.
- The Carolina Panthers hold the first overall pick in the draft after trading with the Chicago Bears, who originally had it for the first time since 1947.
- The Los Angeles Rams hold the last pick in the draft, also known as Mr. Irrelevant.
NFL Draft Net Worth
- The NFL Draft is a lucrative event for the league and the players involved.
- The NFL generates millions of dollars in revenue from broadcast rights, sponsorships, merchandise sales, and fan events related to the draft.
- The players selected in the draft can expect to sign multi-million dollar contracts with their teams, depending on their draft position and performance.
- The contracts are based on a rookie wage scale that sets a minimum and maximum salary for each pick in each round.
- The contracts are also fully guaranteed for first-round picks and partially for later rounds.
- The projected total value of the contracts for the 2023 draft class is $1.63 billion, with an average value of $6.29 million per player.
- The projected signing bonus for the first overall pick is $38.15 million, while the projected signing bonus for the last pick is $95,760.
NFL Draft Age
- The players’ age for the NFL Draft varies depending on their college eligibility and declaration status.
- Generally, players must be at least three years removed from high school graduation to enter the draft.
- Players who have completed their college eligibility can automatically enter the draft without declaring.