Sara Dabritz is a German professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Division 1 Féminine club Lyon and the Germany national team. She is one of the world’s most experienced and versatile players, with the ability to use both feet and play in various positions. She has won several trophies and awards in her career, including the Olympic gold medal in 2016 and the UEFA Women’s Championship in 2013 and 2022.
Sara Dabritz Net Worth
Sara Dabritz Net Worth is estimated at around $5 million as of 2023. She earns about $300,000 per year from her club, Lyon, one of the world’s wealthiest and most successful women’s football clubs. She also earns money from endorsements, sponsorships, and bonuses. Some of her sponsors include Adidas, Volkswagen and Coca-Cola.
Sara Dabritz Wiki
On February 15, 1995, Sara Ilonka Dabritz was born in Amberg, Germany. She began playing football at a young age because her family loved the sport. Her role model was Michael Ballack, a former German captain and star midfielder who wore the number 13 jersey. She also admired his two-footedness and goal-scoring ability.
She began her junior career at SpVgg SV Weiden and SC Freiburg before joining the senior team in 2012. In 2015, she moved to Bayern Munich, where she won two Bundesliga titles and reached the semifinals of the UEFA Women’s Champions League. In 2019, she agreed to move to Paris Saint-Germain, where she won the Division 1 Féminine title in 2021 and was named the season’s best player. She agreed to a contract with Olympique Lyonnais in June 2022 to keep her with the team through the 2025 campaign.
She debuted for the German national team in 2013 at 18 and was part of the squad that won the UEFA Women’s Euro 2013. She also played in the 2014 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup, scoring five goals and winning the Bronze Shoe award. She was a key player for Germany in the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup, where she scored four goals, including a stunning strike against Ivory Coast. She was also instrumental in Germany’s Olympic gold medal triumph in 2016, scoring three goals and providing two assists. She continued to impress in the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup, scoring three goals and earning two player of the match awards. She also helped Germany win their ninth UEFA Women’s Euro title in 2022, scoring one goal and assisting another.
She is known for her leadership, work rate, creativity, vision, and technical skills on the pitch. Depending on the team’s needs, she can play as a defensive midfielder, a central midfielder, or an attacking midfielder. She can also score goals from long-range or set pieces with either foot.
Age & Height
Sara Dabritz is currently 28 years old as of September 2023. She will turn 29 on February 15, 2024.
Sara Dabritz is 171 cm (5 ft 7 in) tall and weighs 58 kg (128 lbs).
Career And More
Sara Dabritz has had a remarkable career and achieved many milestones and accolades. Here are some of them:
- She has made over 100 appearances for the German national team and scored 17 goals.
- She has won two Olympic medals (gold in 2016 and bronze in 2020), two UEFA Women’s Euro titles (2013 and 2022), one FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup title (2014) and one Algarve Cup title (2014) with Germany.
- She has won three Division 1 Féminine titles (one with PSG in 2021 and two with Lyon in 2022 and 2023), two Bundesliga titles (with Bayern Munich in 2016 and 2017), and one Coupe de France Féminine title (with PSG in 2020) at club level.
- She has been named the Division 1 Féminine Player of the Year (2021), the Bundesliga Player of the Year (2017), the German Footballer of the Year (2019), and the UEFA Women’s Champions League Midfielder of the Season (2023).
- She has been included in the FIFA FIFPro Women’s World (2019), the UEFA Women’s Champions League Squad of the Season (2017, 2019, and 2023), the UEFA Women’s Euro Team of the Tournament (2013 and 2022), and the FIFA Women’s World Cup All-Star Team (2019).
- She has been nominated for the FIFA The Best Women’s Player award (2019 and 2022) and the Ballon d’Or Féminin award (2019 and 2022).
Sara Dabritz is a successful footballer, role model, and inspiration for many young girls and boys who aspire to play the beautiful game. She is also involved in various social causes and charitable activities, such as supporting UNICEF, promoting gender equality, and fighting against racism and discrimination. She is married to her long-time partner, Lena Lotzen, a footballer who plays for SC Sand. They have a daughter named Mia, who was born in 2021.
Sara Dabritz is one of the best players of her generation and one of the most influential figures in women’s football. She has shown that anything is possible with hard work, dedication, passion, and talent. She has also demonstrated that football is a sport, a way of life, a source of joy, and a means of expression. She is a true legend of the game and a pride of Germany.